Love in the Time of Coriander

Thoughts on food & more.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Jojo's


Warm mushroom tart with goat cheese and a nice frisee salad to boot! For those of you, who pay attention to this blog or know me personally, you're well aware that I have a husband, who doesn't like fine dining. While I crave to dine outside the house, having a palate-stimulating new experience, he wishes for the good food of the home. Granted, he's got it made 'cuz I do all the cooking and often deliver high-end stuff in the home for a fraction of the cost. I've spoiled him out of taking me out!

But for my 30th, he succumbed. We went to Jojo's, a lovely French place on Piedmont Avenue in Oakland. It was a Wednesday night, not crowded at all. We got an intimate table and began with some sparkling wine. I know many don't like what the bubbles have to offer, but I love the celebratory feeling (and the taste) that it imparts. As for our tasting menu . . .

A Trio of Little Salad
Mushroom and Goat Cheese Tart
Seafood Stew with Shrimp, Scallops, Clams & Romano Beans
Grilled Wild Sturgeon with a Lemon Caper Sauce
Lemon Tart
Sorbet Selection

The food was close to divine, but all the pastries, mushroom tart included, were out-of-this-world. Now that I have some time, I'm going to try to replicate this little slice of heaven in the upcoming weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home